Couture Women’s Suit Tailor
A Couture Women’s Suit tailor is highly skilled, with deep knowledge in pattern making and skilled hand sewing for women’s suits. Since our products are all custom made, a tailor has to take charge of production of a garment, from pattern making through to completion. This role is responsible for ensuring that garments meet aesthetic, fit, construction and workmanship requirements for the design through production approval process, within established timelines for assigned product line.
- Highly skilled in pattern cutting, sample making, sewing and production Method, whilst working with speed and accuracy.
- Highly skilled in made-to-measure garments according to customer measurements.
- Providing support to lead designer by helping her to produce garments.
- Producing exceptional quality work to a high-end standard.
- Competent with cutting and sewing fabrics such as wool, embellished tweed.
- Highly skilled in ironing --- this is one of the key factors to finest suits.
- Have attention to detail, patient, and ability and temperament to work well under pressure, as well as having a positive, enthusiastic attitude towards work.
- Have great passion for haute couture, come to work for pleasure not out of obligation.
- Minimum of 2 years experience is preferable but highly skilled recent Graduates are also welcomed! (Decision made based on skills and talents)
- Permanent and Contract positions, full and part-time offered
- High school education
- Perfectionist in garment making by nature
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Sewing techniques
- Specialized garments
- Delicate fabric handling
- Pattern making
- Drape and proportions