Couture Dress Tailor
A Couture Dress Tailor is highly skilled, with deep knowledge in handling delicate fabric and skilled with hand sewing for bridal and evening dresses. Since our products are all custom made, a tailor has to take charge of production of a garment, from pattern making through to completion. This role is responsible for ensuring that garments meet aesthetic, fit, construction and workmanship requirements from the design through production approval process, within established timelines, for assigned product line.
- Highly skilled in pattern cutting, sample making, sewing and production Method, whilst working with speed and accuracy.
- Highly skilled in made-to-measure garments according to customer measurements.
- Providing Support to lead designer by helping her to produce garments.
- Producing exceptional quality work to a high-end standard.
- Competent with cutting and sewing delicate fabrics, such as silk, embellished mesh, lace, ….etc
- Having attention to details, patient, and one who works well under pressure, as well as having a positive, enthusiastic attitude towards work.
- Have great passion for haute couture, coming to work for pleasure, not out of obligation.
- Minimum of 2 years experience is preferable but highly skilled recent Graduates are also welcomed! (Decision made based on skills and talents)
- Permanent and Contract positions, full and part-time, will be considered
- High school education
- Perfectionist in garment making by nature
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Sewing techniques
- Specialized garments
- Delicate fabric handling
- Pattern making
- Drape and proportions